Friday 3 January 2014

Lowes Organising Tips and Dreams

  I am calling this post Lowes Organising Tips and Dreams because it is just that.
My ideas and new pins that I want to share that represent the kind of organised spaces that I'm dreaming of creating for my home.

They are not necessarily the colours or fabric choices I have in mind, although they are beautiful.

The tip here is to use what you already have, which is what I am concentrating on as I begin this de-cluttering and organising project.
 
                                                                    ivillage.co.uk
 
I love this space.
 However, I share my craft area with my husbands office space.
 I don't have the luxury of this much room.
 
But I do have bookshelves, tons of baskets, boxes, and magazine holders.
I just need to colour coordinate and organise it all to create a cohesive space.
 
It goes without saying it's going to have to be pretty too!
But help me out here....
How do I do pretty for me and make it masculine enough for Tim?
 
If you could see my basement utility room you would know just how badly it needs a face lift like this one.
When I eventually get around to this area you will understand why I chose this as my inspiration photo!
Believe me, there is no way I'm showing you any before pictures on this project until I have the after photos to compare.




This, I would like in my basement utility room also.



                                                                       craft room
Here is another craft/sewing wall space.
I like the fabric hoops, the clip boards, wire basket, and the use of the glass canister for sewing notions.
 
I have several wire baskets that I've collected from old freezers!
I also have heavy metal baskets that were used for milk delivery when we owned an IGA Grocery store.
 
This is definitely going to be a huge under taking for me. 
I find myself starting a project then getting distracted by another..
I'm thinking the key will be completing one room before going on to the next one.
 
Well wish me luck ladies, because I've sure got my work cut out for me.
If you have any tips to offer me, I'm all ears...
I'll keep you posted!
Kimberly
 


 

21 comments:

  1. Good Luck wishes my friend, i need to do the basement, so messy, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My craft room is on my list of things to do to, somehow it seems to be the dumping ground and gets cluttered fast. I don't want to spend any money so I need to get creative with what I have. Wish we lived close we could work on these projects together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great inspiration there!! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ideas you posted. I would be horrified to show anyone my craft room or that matter anything right now. I was wishing someone would come and clear everything out. Your photos have given me some ideas for a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do LOVE a good organization and re-vamp project so I will be watching for sure for your updates. LOVE the inspirations you have found as well. I have a wall for my sewing cabinet, and that's about it. And it is a small wall to boot. My fabric and supplies have found there way to mom's old dresser and closet, but it is not exactly close to my machine. I have thought about moving the machine in there, HOWEVER the room just does not get enough light and it is hard enough to see well as it is. My machine sits under a window in my every day eating area and I use our kitchen table (with a leaf in in it) for cutting and keeping things organized that I am using. Not exactly ideal but I can't think of anything else. What I wouldn't give for another room...sigh. I will watch your projects eagerly. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that first room and wish I had one like it! Best of luck with your project, I need to finish up a few of those myself. I, too, get easily distracted and seem never to get anything finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. excited to see -- I've got an idea I'll send you.. and these ideas here in the post are great -- I know your best idea is already in your head and it is the kind that works the best for what you need - excited to see it come to life - wink!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a fun project. You like to sew a fair amount so what about using painters drop cloth and/or ticking stripe fabric to make the curtains needed to hide things or for windows. You could mix and match and make ruffles that don't look too feminine. I hope you can do it and share the before and after with us. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something about January sets us all to putting things in order doesn't it? I started yesterday and found myself so enthused that I started about 3 different clean out projects and had to keep reminding myself to finish before I began another. My basement utility room, where the washer and dryer are kept, is commonly referred to as the dungeon. It could certainly use a makeover but it would be a very big job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kimberly, Happy New Year to you! I love these ideas too; we just bought a new home and I will have a huge sewing room so need to get creative to know how to arrange it etc. I tend to get disorganized but hope to change that with the new nest. Of course, we won't be moving until the end of spring, so I've got a lot of time to purge first.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  11. You owned an IGA? How interesting! This is my tip on creating your craft room. Kick Tim out of it. An office can be created in a closet. Look into that. (I hope that he does not read your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you sure do have the ambition!
    You tackle one room after the other.
    Way to GO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmm yes, enjoy that chore! Lovely inspiration shots & I love your space too.

    Have a happy weekend!

    and I really feel the urge to purge these days too, what IS it about January??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some great inspiration Kimberly. I am in the organizing mode also. When we moved in this home I bought baskets to hold items in my walk in closet. I pulled them all out today and cleaned. I decided that the shelves could really use a pop of color. Planning on painting tomorrow. I love glass containers for organizing. I always pick them up at the thrift store. Great for my craft room! I am anxious to see what you do! Best of luck!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly have some beautiful inspiration and I can't wait to see the final result :) Since my hubby and I are moving into a new home I get to start my craft room all over and I am going with a vintage style - it has been quite fun coming up with ideas :)

    Happy New Year to you, sweet Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your inspiration photos are wonderful, and I'd keep on looking and pinning as many ideas as possible. I know for me, I never see a room that I would want to just "pluck" right off the screen or page and put it directly in my home; but I'm a gatherer of "glimpses" here and there of big or little ideas that speak to me. I do have the privilege of having my own dedicated space for crafting and sewing, but if I had to share with hubby, I would consider it just as important to have feminine touches as the masculine ones. If your room is large enough to "visually" divide into a his & hers space, I would choose a good base color that could be accented with some feminine for you and some masculine for your hubby. You might try walking the aisles of a good fabric store to see how & what colors have been combined. You might be surprised at the combos of stronger (manly) colors and more delicate (girly) colors. Doing this can be a great source of inspiration, even if you aren't planning to buy any fabric! Good luck -- cannot wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ideas and it's a perfect time to start organizing. Lind of like Spring cleaning. It feels so good when we do this. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are some great ideas! I always find myself wanting to clean out and organize in January. Good luck to you in your big project!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are lots of good ideas here to keep things neat and organized. Hope your project goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are a lot of good ideas to inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that beadboard behind the shelves in the laundry room photo!

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!